I made these a few days ago and they got the family approval so I will post the recipe. I am doing a raw cleanse for a week or so(possibly the whole summer considering how good I am feeling!) So I will still be doing some cooked things because my kids are not going all raw and they eat regular ( low sugar/gluten free) food. But I will be doing a lot salads and smoothies because that is mostly all I am eating right now.
Vanilla donuts (vegan,GF)
1/2 peeled apple
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup ground sunflower seeds
1/4 cup ground coconut shreds
1/4 cup brown rice flour
2 tablespoons tapioca flour
1 tablespoon melted cocoa butter
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
15 drops of stevia or to taste
pinch of sea salt
1 cup dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon cocoa butter
* Puree the apple, banana and the coconut milk.
* Combine all ingredients and blend/process until smooth
* Use a ziplock bag with an edge cut so you can pour the dough in the greased doughnut pan smoothly.
* Cook at 350 for about 20 minutes or until doughnuts are “springy” when touched.
* Melt the chocolate chips and cocoa butter in a pan until smooth and creamy.
* Apply the chocolate glaze to cooled doughnuts and eat! Makes 6-8 small doughnuts.
These can also be seen here http://www.greenthickies.com/healthy-vegan-friday-50/ with many other vegan recipes.