It has been almost 10 years since I have had my favorite flavor of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. It was really fairly easy to make this raw vegan style and is perfect for getting your Ben and Jerry’s fix guilt free! I spent all day cutting down bamboo from our house (basically a bamboo forest!) and can’t wait to eat some of this after dinner!
“half Baked” raw vegan ice cream
3 frozen bananas
1/4 cup soaked cashews
1/4 cup coconut (or other nut) milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 soaked medjool dates
optional: 1/2 tablespoon maca powder
optional: few drops of stevia
pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup ground sunflower seeds
1/2 cup ground walnuts
2 tablespoons ground raw buckwheat groats
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
3-4 soaked medjool dates
3 tablespoons of coconut milk
* For the chocolate chip cookie dough I used my recipe for the chocolate chip cookie molten lava cakes and just put them in the freezer to harden for about 30 minutes. (made about 1/4 batch)
* Mix up the raw brownies and put them in the freezer to harden also for about 30 minutes.
* Blend the chocolate ice cream ingredients together in the blender until smooth.
* If you want to do half vanilla ice cream then you can take 1/2 of the ice cream ingredients and just leave out the cocoa on one half so you can do 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 chocolate.
* Cut up chunks of the brownies and cookie dough and mix in with the ice cream. You can put it in the freezer for about an hour if you want it more firm than soft serve texture.
* Make about 2-3 servings