I am trying not to eat too many deserts that contain much fat but there is something about this combination I just couldn’t resist! We have a huge raspberry bush in our back yard that is starting to produce raspberries every day now so I will be eating tons of them in the next few weeks-Yum! I fell of my raw food wagon a few days ago because I’m starting to put on some weight and it seemed like my hair was starting to thin so I panicked and started eating some black beans and fish. I have always noticed my hair seems to get really healthy, shiny and thicker when I am eating a lot of black beans. I think it may be because it is high is the amino acid L-lysine which is good for hair growth and beans are a great protein source. I think I will go back on the raw but still include some black beans and some digestive aides like more probiotics to make sure I am absorbing my protein better. And also I will be increasing my fresh veggie juice intake. Any readers with some raw advice on these issues are appreciated! Leave comments below! I just did my first mud run yesterday and I had a BLAST! Who knew playing in the mud could be so much fun!!
Raw raspberry rose white chocolate mousse cake
2 cups soaked cashews
1/4 cup +4 tablespoons coconut milk
5 packets stevia
1 1/2 vanilla extract
1/3 cup raspberries
5-7 drops rose water extract
1-2 tablespoon honey or maple
3 tablespoons melted cocoa butter
2 tablespoons ground blanched almonds
2 tablespoons ground cashews
1 tablespoon ground shredded coconut
1/2 tablespoon orange juice
1/2 tablespoon honey/maple or 2 soaked dates mashed
pinch of sea salt
* Blend mousse ingredients except for the raspberries and rose extract until smooth and creamy.
* Take out 1/2 of the blended mouse out of the blender and put aside in a separate bowl.
* Add the raspberries to the remaining mouse in the blender and blend until smooth.
* Mix the crust ingredients together and put the crust in a greased 4″ springform pan with parchment paper on the bottom.
* Pour the white mouse for the first layer then the raspberry rose mouse for the second layer.
* Decorate with raspberries and cacoa nibs and refrigerate for about 2-3 hours to set.
* Eat up! Makes about 4 larger or 6 smaller servings.