Heather from Gluten free cat has nominated me for the Liebster award! Her blog is similar to mine with lots of gluten free and raw food recipes. Check it out! http://www.glutenfreecat.com/ I think these awards are a fun way to get to know your blogging community and it helps support bloggers that are just starting out with under 200 followers. I will answer 11 questions from Heather then post 11 random things about myself. I will then choose 5 more bloggers to pass on the award to at the end of my questions list for the 5 bloggers. I will also post my strawberry white chocolate ice cream bars at the very end of the post.
- When and why did you start blogging? I started just about 2 months ago. I finished up with all my prerequisites for acupuncture school and have 6 months with nothing to do (except chase 2 kids around) so I thought it would be fun to share some of my recipes.
- What is one goal that you’ve always wanted to reach but you still haven’t? Becoming an acupuncturist
- What’s one restaurant where you will eat some day? Top of the space needle
- Who is your most memorable pet and why? A cat named “kitty” (original I know) He was a big tomcat with scars all over his face but a big snuggler.
- If you had a choice between a gift of money or an experience what would you choose? Experience-traveling the world!
- Beach or mountain vacation? Beach,then mountains
- What snack is your guilty pleasure? Nutella on anything
- If left alone for 2 hours, all chores and work done, what would we find you doing? Going for a long run then reading some Chinese medicine books and practicing needling my legs/arms.
- Which couple has the most inspiring love story? My husbands great aunt and uncle-moved to Jacksonhole WY right in front of the Teton mountains with an amazing view and lived in a tiny cabin they built until they build their house. Lived there for about 50 years and passed away in their 90’s still happy and in love.
- If you could visit any place where would you go? Tahiti or back to Hawaii
- What is the most unexpected event of your life so far? Having a completely natural VBAC birth in about 3 hours.
11 random things about me:
1. I use to be a veterinary technician at a homeopathic clinic.
2. I have a water turtle, 4 chickens, a cat and a dog.
3. Live in the rainiest state (WA) and hate the rain.
4. Married a musician who is currently in 2 indie rock bands.
5. My dog gets some of my green smoothies in her dog food in the morning.
6. My favorite band is The Darkness
7. Hawaii is the most amazing place I have ever been and would love to live there for half of the year if I could.
8. I have a star tattoo on my left big toe.
9. One of my favorite books is Mountains beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, A Man Who Would Cure the World The guy is amazing! He will walk like 6 hours in the mountains of Haiti to check on 1 patient!
10. I sold my first painting a few months ago at the local art/craft gallery.
11. Am currently obsessed with show Dr. Who
My questions for the nominees:
1. Where did you grow up?
2. What was your diet like as a child?
3. What do you like about your life?
4. What do you dislike about your life?
5. Do you have or want kids?
6. What is your favorite vacation spot?
7. What is your job/career?
8. Favorite band?
9. Favorite hobby?
10. Who is your role model?
11. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
5 blogs I am nominating:
1. Bite sized thoughts http://www.bitesizedthoughts.com/p/about-me.html
2. A vegan in the weeds http://aveganintheweeds.com/
3. Emily cooks vegan http://emilycooksvegan.com/
4. Wild woman rumblings http://www.wildwomanrumblings.com/
5. Running on real food http://www.runningonrealfood.com/
Strawberry white chocolate ice cream cake (vegan)
3 cups soaked cashews
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
4 tablespoons melted cocoa butter
1/4 cup raw honey or maple
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup fruit sweetened strawberry jam ( to make this raw you could try using freeze dried strawberries with additional sweetener added)
15 drops stevia
1/2 cup ground cashews
1/2 cup ground blanched almonds
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon honey or maple
10 drops stevia
pinch of sea salt
* Mix together crust ingredients and place in 8×8 size dish
* Mix together ice cream ingredients and pour over the crust.
* Place sliced strawberries and raw cocoa nibs on top for decoration.
* Place in freezer for a few hours to solidify then enjoy!
* Optional: melted chocolate sauce would not be horrible on this either;) Enjoy!