I really want to find some deserts for my family and I that aren’t so heavy and fatty so this one works out great. I use to love this as a kid but of course the one my mom made was not as healthy as this version! I just got nominated for a Leibster award by Heather from gluten-free cat! I will post all of my answers and questions for 5 bloggers that I will nominate in tomorrows post. Tomorrow I will also post the recipe for my strawberry white chocolate ice cream cake-stay tuned these are extremely delish!
Raw ginger apple crisp with salted caramel
6 apples peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
15-20 drops stevia
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cups ground pecans
3/4 cup ground flax seeds
3 tablespoons of fresh orange juice
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
30 drops stevia
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
pinch of sea salt to taste
Salted caramel sauce
20 soaked medjool dates
1 teaspoon sea salt (you may want to do little at a time so you don’t over salt it)
4 tablespoons ground cashews
2 tablespoons honey or maple
2 teaspoons sunbutter (almond butter would probably work too)
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup water
* Put the sliced apples in the dehydrator
* Mix up the crisp ingredients and break off small chunks on the dehydrator tray so they will be slightly dry and crumbly.
* Dehydrate ingredients for about 3 hours then remove and mix the apples with the liquid apple ingredients and place in 8×8 dish
* Put the crisp crumbles over the top of the apples and you can serve immediately or put in the refrigerator and let the ingredients meld together for another 1-2 hours .
* Pour some warm salted caramel drizzle over the top and/or coconut whip cream and serve!