Sift,stir , and savour has nominated me for the versatility award so I am going to try and come up with 7 interesting things about myself and nominate some other blogs for the award as well!
The Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge the blogger on your blog and link back.
- Share 7 random, interesting things about yourself
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
Here are my 7 facts about myself:
1. I am learning Chinese right now in school and finding it easier than I thought it would be (I may of just jinxed myself)
2. I am super sensitive to air pollution and have been for about 15 years-I get jittery like when you have had too much coffee and I use to have panic attacks. I am feeling better since adding bone broths/liver pills.
3. I am from the Seattle area but lived in San Diego for 3 years when I went to school to be a veterinary technician.
4. I really disliked working in a western medicine veterinary clinic because every thing was treated with antibiotics and steroids. I was much happier in the holistic clinic that I worked at that used homeopathic medicines, and special diets for pets.
5. I have been married for 13 years and have 2 super blonde kids age 3 and 7 who fight like cats and dogs.
6. I like lots of variety in my life so I plan to have a beach cabin, mountain cabin and a city home some day in the future.
7. I am in an acupuncture/chinese medicine program and LOVE it and can’t wait to learn more and start giving treatments.
Blogs I nominate:
1. http://www.healthyeah.co.nz/ A surfer from New Zealand with a passion for whole foods, healthy living. She has awesome recipes and food photos!
2.http://chugyourgreens.com/ A smoothie page a just discovered with a large variety of smoothie ingredients and cute photos!
3. http://www.thespicedoc.com/ I have been following this blog for a few years and love learning about Chinese medicinal foods and herbs. Also seeing photos from China where she is living is a bonus!
Check them out!
Nourishing blood building soup (Sorry for the photo! Replacing soon!)
In the crock pot:
2 soup bones with marrow
2 cups cooked black rice
2 cups mung beans
about 1 1/2 -2 quarts of water
3-4 cloves chopped garlic
2 (or more depending on how spicy you like it) tablespoons Thai brand green curry paste
1 medium onion chopped
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar
2 tablespoons of honey/maple (per taste)
Sea salt to taste
* Cook for 24 hours then put in refrigerator for a few hours until the fat hardens on the top then scrape off the fat and throw away. ( Some people like to keep the fat but my body/gall bladder can’t handle animal fats well so I take it out)
*Add: 3-4 cups chopped veggies such as: cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, potatoes,celery, and fresh basil
* You can blend in the blender if you like it creamy or leave it chunky.
* I topped with 1/4 cup chopped basil also for an extra zing!