I am loving making raw baked goods! It is so easy to use the dehydrator as you would use the oven it just takes a few hours longer (unless you like the raw dough feel which I do sometimes). There is no rising involved so you just make it to the size you want and dehydrate for an hour or 2 and you are good to go! This cake was over the top naughty but in reality it is all healthy ingredients so indulge yourself! If it’s late at night and you want to sleep soon maybe try carob instead! Check out my facebook page! I post more things on there than I do on the blog! I just posted a smoothie recipe on there also today that I will post here tomorrow as well.
Raw mini Mississippi mud cake
For the cake:
1 cup ground walnuts
1 cup ground shredded coconut
2 tablespoons raw cacoa powder (or regular)
1 tablespoon ground black sesame seeds
2-3 tablespoons raw honey or maple (sweeten to taste)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped pecans
pinch sea salt
optional: 1 teaspoon spirulina powder
For the marshmallow whip cream:
1/2 tablespoon kuzu root powder
1 teaspoon agar agar powder
1 cup water
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons ground cashews
2 tablespoons honey/maple (or to taste)
1/2 tablespoon ground chia seeds (you can use white chia seeds if you don’t like the black specks)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate ganache frosting
1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut milk
* To make the chocolate cake mix the above ingredients together and form two cakes into 4-6 inch sized cakes onto parchment paper.
* Place the cakes into the dehydrator for 1-3 hours.
* To make the marshmallow whipped cream heat 1 cup of water and dissolve the kuzu root and the agar agar.
* Blend the water/kuzu/agar in the blender with the remaining marshmallow whip ingredients and place in the refrigerator for a few hours to thicken.
* To make the ganache just melt the chocolate chips in a pan and mix in the coconut milk until smooth and creamy.
* After the cake is “cooked” for a few hours take it out of the dehydrator and and put the ganache between the 2 layers.
* Take the marshmallow whip out the refrigerator and blend it in the blender to make it smooth and creamy.
* put the whipped cream on top of the cake and drizzle some ganache (I thinned it a little with more coconut milk for the top) and sprinkle some raw cacao nibs on top and devour! This makes 4 small servings
You can see this recipe here also: http://dietdessertndogs.com/2013/06/13/wellness-weekend-june-13-17-2013 with many other yummy vegan recipes!