I know alot of people who have trouble sleeping including myself on occasion . It seems to be a very common problem in our society. Sleeping pills and even herbs are just a quick fix to another underlying problem. After doing some research and past experiences I found 11 ways to beat insomnia:
1. Exercise daily
2. No caffeine!-it over stresses the adrenal glands and disrupts your daily hormonal cycle( even if taken only in the am).
3. Reduce carbohydrate intake. To many carbs disrupt your seratonin and melatonin levels in your body.
4. Increase dietary magnesium (foods not supplements) including dark leafy greens, sea weeds ,blue green algaes, chia seeds, and figs.
5. Drink warm goats milk with honey before bed to help relax.
6. Avoid all stimulants during the day including chocolate which contains several types.
7. Avoid spicy foods
8. Stay hydrated with water during the day
9. Don’t eat a heavy meal within 4 hours of going to bed
10. Increase iron rich foods and herbs (vegetarian) including black beans, sea weeds, spirulina, and nettles.
If you want to read more check out these sites:
I use this mayonnaise recipe instead of regular mayo because it is so much healthier for you. Avocados are loaded with vitamins including vitamin K, vitamin,C, folate, vitamin B6/B5, potassium, magnesium, and vitamin E. It tastes good in a tuna sandwich with some dill weed, or chopped dill pickles. You can use as tarter sauce with dill weed and sweet relish added too.
1 large avocado
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt